Saturday, November 9, 2013

War Damn Dessert!!

Today we were invited over to our friends, Jason and Ally Sanders house to watch the Auburn vs. Tennessee Game. There was a ton of great food!!! Whenever I am invited to someone's house I always like to take a dessert! I think it is my strong point! I took two desserts, the first was Apple Dumplins and the second was a Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball! This recipe was passed down to me by my mother in law, Joni and it is always a hit! It is just as easy as making cupcakes or brownies and soooooo much better!
Here are the ingredients: cream cheese, butter, brown sugar, powdered sugar, chocolate chips and vanilla! I doubled the recipe so feel free to half it if you aren't serving a crowd! You also need:
Pecans!!! I find  nuts at the grocery to be extremely expensive! So we always by a bunch of pecans in Marion, AL to shell and freeze! It is a pain but more economical for as much as I bake!
Have your trusty assistant aka my husband to finely chop the pecans. He is a great chopper!
You can use a hand mixer but it was late last night when we decided to make it, so I decided to use my stand mixer.
Cream the cream cheese and the butter together for about 2-3 minutes.
Once the butter and cream cheese are combined add in 1 and 1/2 cups of confectioners/powdered sugar. Mix on low till all the powdered sugar is combined.
Then add 4 tablespoons of brown sugar.
Drizzle in some vanilla. Like I always say I don't think you could ever have too much vanilla! 
Next add 1 and 1/2 cups of mini chocolate chips.
Then add 1 and 1/2 cups of those pecans Jamie so expertly chopped.
Once everything is combined, scrap down the sides of the bowl, cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours or over night in my case!
To form this ball of deliciousness I scoop the mixture on to my countertop that is lined with Saran Wrap and spray my hands with cooking spray.
Then from the mixture into a ball the best you can! Doubling the recipe makes it hard to actually form it into a sphere! Wrap in plastic wrap and put back in the fridge for 1 hour.
In a baking dish, I placed the left over mini chocolate chips and pecans to roll the cheese ball in.
Roll it around and pat the chocolate chops and pecans into the cheese ball.
Since I still had a whole dessert to make I placed the cheese ball on a plate lined with parchment and placed it in the freezer to set up.

I serve this with graham crackers, chessman cookies and Nilla Wafers! It will also be great with strawberries.
I got festive with my serving platter and tried to make it look like a football stadium!!

Here is the recipe:

2 blocks of cream cheese
1 stick of butter
1 1/2 cups confectioner sugar
4 tablespoons of brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups finely chopped pecans

Extra pecans and chops to coat outside and whatever you would like to serve it with!

Tomorrow on the blog: our day of football dinner, Italian Drip Beef and Provolone Sandwiches!

B

1 comment: