Sunday, November 10, 2013

Italian Drip Beef

I am always looking for easy recipes that I can throw in the crockpot, set it and forget it. This recipe is great for dinner during the game or to make while you are at church and is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner! 
You need a 2.5-4 pound chuck roast, a can of beef consommé, a 16 oz jar of pepperocinis and 1/8 of a cup of Italian seasoning.
Throw everything in the crock pot and set it on Low! It can cook anywhere from 6-8 hours. I put it in the crockpot early Saturday morning and we enjoyed it for dinner at about 6 ish. 
This is what you will have 6-8 hours later and it smells amazing!!!
I scooped out the peppers. We were unsure about the taste with them mixed in so we separated them.
Remove the meat from the crockpot to a cutting board.
And shred with two forks. For serving I used hoagie rolls.
Sliced in half.
I think what sends this sandwich over the edge is toasting the bread, not in a toaster or in the oven but........
Melt some butter in a cast iron and toast your bread in melted butter. The hot cast iron makes it so crisp. Now you can assembly the sandwiches how ever you want!!
First, dip some of the beef back in the cooking liquid, this puts the drip in the Italian drip beef.
Then layer the beef, provolone and peppers however you would like.
And there you have it a wonderful sandwich. It really blew us away! It was that good. 

Enjoy! I think this one is simple enough that you don't need a recipe!

B

1 comment:

  1. My friend recently blogged about this and I don't think I'll be satisfied until I make this myself! Thank you for sharing! ~ Angela

    ReplyDelete