Friday, November 22, 2013

Crockpot Angel Chicken

This recipe has been making the rounds on Pinterest for a good while, and I finally decided to try it. This is not as easy as most slow cooker meals, it requires combining the sauce on the stove but totally worth it!

Here are the ingredients for the sauce. 

1/4 cup butter
1 can golden mushroom soup
1 packet of dry Italian dressing mix
1 8 oz tub of chive sour cream.
1/2 cup of white wine

Melt the butter in a saucepan and the add the dry Italian mix. I used a whisk to make sure it was combined.
Then scoop in the golden mushroom soup, cream cheese and white wine and whisk to combine. 
This is the finished sauce! 

While the sauce was cooking.....

I quartered 24 oz of mushrooms. The original recipe called for 8oz or so but we love mushrooms and I am glad I did this because it ended up being a perfect ratio.

Now to assembly all of this in your crockpot:

Put all the mushrooms on the bottom.
Place chicken breast on top of the mushrooms. I just used boneless, skinless chicken breast.
Then pour the sauce over the top! Then cover and set it on low for 6 hours. And I have to say the smell in the house was awesome!! Made me hungry all day! 

You can serve this with rice or pasta, I chose Rice and it was delicious. Husband approved!

Enjoy!

B


No comments:

Post a Comment