Sunday, November 24, 2013

Thanksgiving Green Beans!!

I got spoiled as a child by my grandmothers canning abilities. We always had the best green beans and I mean I would give a lot of money for a jar of those green beans right now. I have seen a lot of recipes lately for fresh green beans but I saw on another blog where someone commented requesting a way to make canned green beans taste better and I thought I would share! We love fresh green beans but sometimes canned vegatables are more economical and time saving! 

These are our favorite, Del Monte French Style Green Beans! 
First step is to drain the beans and rinse them with cold water for about a minute.
Then add 4 tablespoons of white vinegar.
1 teaspoon of sugar and 1/2 a teaspoon of salt.
Then I add a teaspoon of black pepper and a tablespoon of minced garlic. The last thing you want to do is add enough water to cover the beans and for even more flavor you can substitute chicken broth. I let mine simmer on the stove for 30-45 minutes.

Granted, nothing will ever replace the green beans I used to eat that my grandmother canned but these are pretty good!

Enjoy!

B

No comments:

Post a Comment