Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Turtle Thumbprint Cookies

So I am not a cookie person! I prefer cakes and pies, but this year I received an invitation to a cookie swap so the search for the perfect cookie has been under way! I love chocolate chip cookies and snockerdoodles but I wanted something over the top and I came across these!! 

These Turtle Thumbprints remind me a lot  of a brownie, and they are delicious!!!

Here is what you need:

1 stick of butter at room temp
2/3 cup of granulated sugar
1 egg, separated
2 tablespoons of milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 cup of AP Flour
1/3 cup of cocoa
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups finely chopped pecans

As with most every recipe, start by creaming the sugar and butter till light and fluffy.
Separate your egg. And add the yolk to the mixer.
Add the milk and vanilla.
Combine the cocoa, flour and salt in a separate bowl and then gradually add it to the mixer.
The batter will be really thick! I placed it in a bowl and let it sit in the fridge for 1 hour and can be done the day before!
After it has chilled, I removed the dough from the fridge and rolled it into one inch bowls.
You want to dip it in the egg white and then dip in the chopped pecans.
And then press down with you thumb in the middle! These will bake on a parchment lined tray at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.

While the cookies are still warm you will want to fill them with caramel. Right out of the oven I pushed down on the center of the cookie again!

You need 16 unwrapped caramels and 3 tablespoons whipping cream. I microwaved this for 1 minute.
Stir until smooth!
Then fill each cookie with about a teaspoon of caramel. Then for added effect lets just add a chocolate drizzle!!
1 teaspoon of crisco and half a cup of chocolate chips in the microwave for 1 minute and stir.
Use the trusty ziplock and get to drizzling!!
And there ya go! A turtle thumbprint cookie! Very tasty I might add!!

Enjoy!!

B

No comments:

Post a Comment