Thursday, December 19, 2013

Crock Pot Candy

I think this is a staple in everyone's home! It is delicious and so so simple!! Now let me make it perfectly clear that this will burn as my first batch did. If your recipe says 3 hours it is lying! Those peanuts will be black as night after three hours. 

Let's get started!!

Layer 2 jars of salted peanuts on the bottom of your crock pot.
Top with four oz of German chocolate.
Top with 2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips.
And then one block of almond bark!

Now here is where the recipes vary. Some say don't stir for three hours some say stir after 30 minutes. Here is what I did:

First batch: set on low for 3 hours. EPIC FAIL burned to a crisp at 2.

Second Batch: set on low and stirred at 30 minutes, 1 hour and 1 1/2 hour. Done after two hours.

Then spoon the mixture in your desired size on wax paper and let it set! 
Then package it all pretty and deliver! 

Enjoy!

B

3 comments:

  1. These are a holiday favorite of mine. Your packaging is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I am not the only one that burned my last 2 attempts. My first attempt was perfect but then I bought a new crockpot. I haven't been able to make it in my new one. First one I did 3hours on the 8 hour setting. Burned. Next batch I did 3 hours on the warming setting. Burned. Thanks for sharing your process. I will try it your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I put mine in mini cupcake holders in the mini cupcake pan. They form up like Valentine candy. I use holiday appropriate cupcake papers... Valentine, Easter, Christmas...

    ReplyDelete