Sunday, December 22, 2013

Holiday Breakfast

One of Jamie and I's favorite thing about our holiday off time is getting to be a little lazy in the mornings and actually having time for breakfast. I always try to whip up the traditional bacon and eggs, pancakes or sausage balls but this morning I made a Capps Sausage Quiche. For those of you who don't know about Capps sausage you are truly missing out! It was first introduced to us when we got it as a Christmas gift and now we buy it in bulk! Mr. Capps makes this wonderful sausage in Beauregard and it is delicious! And my main inspiration when I wrote this recipe!!

First you need to brown off 1 pound of ground sausage.
You a slotted spoon and place the cooked sausage in the bottom of a frozen pie crust. 
Then add 2 cups of grated sharp cheddar cheese.
In a bowl crack four eggs.
Add a cup of half and half.
Then 1 teaspoon salt and 2 teaspoon pepper, and wisk.
Pour the custard over the sausage and cheese and place the quiche on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour. I can always tell it is done when it doesn't jiggly!
And then enjoy!

B

No comments:

Post a Comment