Sunday, December 29, 2013

Mocha Fudge Cobbler


For New Year's Eve I have been tasked with the dessert duties. Which of course I am happy to oblige to my hostess request! Desserts are my thing, they are my favorite thing to make, I think I make them well and I love to eat sweets. My only problem is I always want to "out-do" the last dessert I made but I am finding that harder and harder the more I make! This recipe didn't make the cut for New Year's Eve but it still was delicious! How could something called Mocha Fudge Cobbler not be good! 

First you need to combine 1 cup AP Flour, 2 tsp. baking powder and 1/4 tsp. salt in a medium sized bowl.
Add 3/4 cup sugar and 2 tbsp. cocoa.
Stir it all together. In a separate bowl stir together 1/2 cup milk, 1/3 cup vegatable oil and 1 tsp. vanilla.
Add this wet mixture to the dry mixture and combine.
It will look like this after you stir it.
You then want to pour this mixture in to a greased 2 quart dish. Mine was in the dishwasher so I used a small casserole dish.
Now the interesting part of the recipe is the next two steps. In a small bowl combine 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa.
You are then going to sprinkle this over the batter. But do not stir.
Coat the top completely. Then brew a pot of coffee. You are going to need 1 and 1/2 cups of coffee. You will then drizzle this over the brown sugar mixture and once again do not stir.
It should cover the surface completely.
Then pop this gently into a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes. While this is bubbling in the oven I whipped up some fresh whipped cream to go with it. 2 cups whipping cream and 1/8 cup of sugar in a mixer in high till it forms stiff peaks.
This will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for 2 days so I make some extra to top off my coffee. I mean we are on vacation!! Then watch an episode of Sons of Anarchy and smell the aroma coming from the oven! Then this will come out:
I let it cool on the counter for about 20 minutes, well till the episode was over then serve it up!
And there ya go! Enjoy!

B

No comments:

Post a Comment