Monday, October 21, 2013

Taco Soup

Tuesday is Mexican Night in the Brady household, so tonight I made Taco Soup! I do tacos, enchiladas and fajitas often but this cool fall weather calls for something warm and scrumpitious! This is one of the few soups I cook, we just aren't soup people!

Here are the ingredients:
You can switch up the bean types as you wish. But you need the following:

1.5 lbs lean ground beef
1/2 of a large onion
Can of Pinto beans
Can of Black beans
Can of whole kernel corn, drained
Rotel
Can of stewed tomatoes, Mexican
1 oz taco seasoning
1 packet of Ranch dressing mix

I start this recipe the night before while cooking dinner. 
Sauté the ground beef and the onion with a little olive oil over medium heat.
Cook until ground beef is cook through. 
Drain meat and onions and let cool until the mixture is at room temperature.
Spoon into a ziplock bag and store in fridge until ready to use the next day or freeze for up to a month. Now the next morning:
Open all your cans and be careful, I sliced my finger on one. 😩
Pour everything in! I drained everything but the tomatoes.
Add the meat mixture.
Add ranch and taco seasoning.
Add a can of water.
Stir all the goodness together.
Set it on low and forget it till dinner time! The one think I dislike about this recipe is I have to smell it all day!

I serve with Fritos, sour cream and cheddar cheese!

Tomorrow on the blog: 
Parmesan Asparagus Orzo!

B

1 comment:

  1. My husband is not a soup person and this is one of his favorite meals. It is so thick and hearty, and very delicious, too! This is the exact recipe I use.

    ReplyDelete