Friday, October 25, 2013

Cookbooks


I started my culinary journey with this book.
By far a cooking bible if you ask me! I have read it from cover to cover and cook atleast a quarter of the recipes. I have always said that if you are unsure about cooking or baking, that the best way to learn is by buying a cookbook. Most cookbook authors include kitchen must haves and FAQs to help a new cook. There is also recommended list of things you should keep in your pantry and refrigerator! Here are a few of my favorite cookbooks!!
Any southern living Christmas Cookbook I will buy!
Ina really teaches you some Upscale dishes and techniques.
Trisha's cookbook is all about southern flair and flavor.

The pioneer woman needs no introduction! Her cookbooks are wonderful and well illustrated if you need help! She is definitely a cooking icon of mine.
Considering we live in AU this is great to have on hand!
This is a bakers dream cookbook it gives so many great idea for different flavors and decorating techniques!
The chocolate bible!!!!

I would recommend these for purchase to anyone needing to learn about cooking or baking! I will pick up a cookbook to read before I will pick up a novel!

I hope everyone has a great weekend, Calley's Kitchen is closed and I will have a blog about the weekend on Monday!!

B

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! The "yellow cookbook" is a staple! my mom has a copy that no longer has a bind and is held together with a rubberband! she has another that has never been opened! so many great recipes in there!!

    ReplyDelete