Sunday, October 20, 2013

Potatoes!!!!

I have always loved potatoes, but since we have been watching our carbs we don't get to enjoy them as much as we used to, so when I do include them in dinner I want them to be good! So tonight twice baked potatoes were on the menu.  These are a little different than normal to help save on fat and calories!

I start with two baking potatoes. Prick them with a fork and pop them in the microwave for 12 minutes. 

I didn't have time to let them cool so I used my OVE-Glove to hold the potato to scoop out the inside. 
Once the insides are scoop out place then potatoes in a baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
These are my mixins. Fat free plain yogurt is my substitute for sour cream. Then my phone died so I didn't get a picture of mixing it all together! But I used 2 tablespoons of butter, 2 tablespoons of yogurt and 1/2 cup of cheese. Mix well and scoop into the potato shells. Top with a little extra cheese and baked at 350 until the cheese is melted!

Enjoy! We had this with oven-fried chicken and asparagus. Perfect Sunday supper.


Tomorrow I will share on of my favorite recipes!!!! 
It is divine!

B

No comments:

Post a Comment