Thursday, October 17, 2013

Broccoli


I love broccoli! Jamie on the other hand hates broccoli. I will eat it raw, blanched, boiled or baked! Jamie only eats it one way and that is the way I cook it in this recipe! I don't know where I found it, but I sure it will please anyone who loves or even hates broccoli.
It is not only delicious but pretty simple to make. You need broccoli, Parmesan cheese, lemon and olive oil. I used the bagged broccoli in the produce department as a time saver.
Simply pour the broccoli on to a half sheet pan lined with a silpat. You can also use a cookie sheet lined with foil but make sure the cookie sheet large enough to give the broccoli room to roast.
Drizzle about 2 tablespoons of olive oil and toss to coat.
Zest one lemon with a micro plane over the broccoli.
Then add the juice of half the lemon and toss to coat.
Spread broccoli evenly on pan and roast at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Some pieces will get pretty dark during this time and if you are like us and like it that way you can cook it a little longer.

This is the finished product!
I was short on time so it didn't get as brown as I wanted and the picture doesn't do it justice.
Sprinkle on the shaved Parmesan, use your discretion for the amount. The heat from the pan will melt it slightly. And it's ready to eat!
I served it with bunless burgers, sautéed mushrooms and basmati rice! This is one of our favorite meals!

Stayed tuned for my favorite kitchen items on the blog tomorrow!!

B

No comments:

Post a Comment