Thursday, October 17, 2013

My Kitchen Must Haves

Most of my day is spent in the kitchen. It is by far my favorite room in the house. It is where I can be creative, challenge myself, and it provides an outlet for my anxiety! Cooking and baking are my stress relief! I also feel accomplished in my kitchen! It is the best feeling in the world to hear a friend, family member or my husband say "this is delicious"! I love to entertain and feed our friends and family so naturely I have developed kitchen must haves and a laundry list of my favorite kitchen items! I found out about a lot of these things from fellow bloggers so I thought I would take the time to share with you the things that I love in my favorite room, My Kitchen!!

A use a lot of recipes from blogs and different foodie websites so having a computer or iPad in my kitchen is a must! I found this iPad holder on QVC and they sold out before I could order it but to my surprise Jamie had ordered it for me for Christmas! It also is a charger and is a staple on my kitchen counter!!
This is my Rachael Ray Olive oil dispenser, another gift from Jamie! It looks better than just a bottle of olive oil sitting out and controls the flow of olive oil better than others I have tried! It also comes in a rainbow of colors and has a matching vinegar dispenser. These can be purchased at Kohls, wal-mart and online!
This is a Paula Deen salt and pepper crock. Oh my, another gift from Jamie! I think all of my favs he gave me! He loves for me to cook. The reason I love this is because I can measure easily out of it or just grab a pinch! But the pepper sometimes gets in the salt 😢. I am not sure where you can buy these since her little incident, but I am sure you can order it from her website!

Le Creuset LEFT HANDED spatula/silicon thingies! Being left handed is a struggle when it comes to most kitchen utensils so I truly love these and have about 10 of them! I have gotten all my spatulas like this from the Le Creuset outlet store.
Scoops and cookie cutters are a must for a baker like me! These are just a few of my collection! Scoops are great for cookies, muffins, cake balls, sausage balls and of course Ice cream. The cookie cutters are great for biscuits, scones, cookies and I use it to make egg in a hole for breakfast! These can be found anywhere but all three of these came from William-Sonoma
Bear claws have many uses! I actually bought these for Jamie and we both use them. Primary purpose is for pulled pork! But I also use them to shred chicken, toss a salad, and lift meats from the slow cooker or roasting pan! These can be found on Amazon.
Kitchen shears have many different purposes. These are dirty because I just used them when preparing dinner! I have maybe 4 pair. I use them when opening packages, cutting chicken, cutting veggies and a long list of other things. You can purchase these everywhere as well!
I has truly never seen this gadget before and Jamie gave it to me for Christmas. It is a cheese slicer! I make a marinated cheese recipe that calls for lots of cheese slicing and it is better the more uniform all the pieces are! And this is the key! It can be purchased at William-Sonoma!
Non stick pans never last in my house so I love my Silpats! They fit perfectly on half baking sheets and are easy to clean! And can be purchased at Bed, Bath and Beyond.
I love a cast iron skillet! They are great for cornbread and making certain dishes because of the caramelization That you get on the meat or veggies because of the high pan heat! This one is made by Emeril and was a wedding gift! Try to always buy one pre-seasoned and research how you are supposed to clean it before getting started.
If you haven't already figured it out, Willam Sonoma is my favorite store!!! I love their pot holders and kitchen towels and have drawers and shelves full of them! These are worn and have been washed several times!
I have always used Pyrex glass baking dishes. But now that I have discovered these Le Creuset baking dishes I will never go back! These were a gift from my in-laws. They bake well and nothing ever sticks! They can be purchased at the Le Creuset outlet or William Sonoma.
This is a no-brainer! I love my spices and this is only a small portion of my stock pile!
This is also a no-brainer if you bake! Extracts! And this vanilla is phenomenal and good ole Jamie makes sure I never run out!
I love herbs but don't have the patience for an herb garden! I discover these herb paste at Publix! They last two weeks in the fridge and taste great.
I have a basket full of baking goodies! Cupcake liners, sprinkles, delivery boxes and a ton of different chocolate chips! It makes it so easy when preparing cupcakes for any occasions! I pick these things up at Kroger, Hobby lobby, Party City and most recently World market.
I could not live without these OXO storage containers! These were a wedding gift and the set was huge! I store all my basics! And it looks like I need to stock up on sugar and AP flour. These come in a multitude of different sizes and are available at Bed, Bath and Beyond.
This is my absolute without a doubt FAVORITE thing in my house! I received my kitchen aid mixer for Christmas from my mom and dad! I use it atleast twice a week and don't know how I lived without it! It can be purchased at any department store.
This is my favorite piece of kitchen decor! I love my Happy Everything plate and the many many attachments I have for it! On my list of favorites it is one of the few things I have purchased for myself!
All my attachments for all seasons and occasions!

There ya have it! All my kitchen favorites and must haves! And I might add my husband buys really great gifts!!!

Stay tuned for more of B's favorites in future blogs! We have a busy weekend ahead and are looking forward to the Opelika Main Street On the Tracks event tonight, Syrup Sopping tomorrow and our Christmas Card photos! On tomorrow's blog I will give you pointers on how to pick out the perfect outfit for your holiday photos!

B

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing about great products! It is so hard to find tools that are versatile and durable enough to stand up to regular use. Thanks for the post! By the way, have you ever heard of Penzey's Spices? We started buying our staple spices from them in bulk (Peppercorns, Kosher salt, Garlic powder, Onion Powder, Smoked Paprika etc.) a few years ago and it has made a huge difference in the flavor of our cooking. And it has let us cut back on the amount of salt we rely on. Enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete