Monday, January 27, 2014

Stay at Home Anniversary Part 1

This will be a three part blog about Jamie and I's at home anniversary. Tomorrow is our two year wedding anniversary and 5 years that we have been together! We celebrated while we were in Vegas with a fancy dinner out but I couldn't just let the real day go by unnoticed! I love to cook nice meals at home and have a candlelight meal and make it feel special!! 

So that was my goal today! We were having our meal a night early because Jamie was headed out of town tomorrow until the big snow storm was forecasted! But anyway, I want to help you have a fancy dinner at home for just the cost of groceries!!!

Step one: atmosphere and table setting!!!  I always shop World Market for table runners and cloth napkins! Last trip I stumbled upon a huge stack of runners for 40% off. Now I didn't need them but I knew I could always use them in the future. So I bought two full price $29.99 on sale for $14 each. 

Normally our kitchen table is a catch all for mail my purse and the dog leash so I love when it looks like this:
Here is the place setting:
I love these monogrammed napkins that were a gift from my mother in law. Wicker chargers from Pier 1, square glass plates from World Market and gold sequined napkin rings from Pier 1. All things I have collected over the years and all on sale!
My candle holders are part of my thanksgiving tablescape and they came from Kirklands. 

This is simple and makes a huge difference to a meal. After we ate, I just added two more chargers And my table looks great sans the purse, mail and dog leash.

Moral of the story: if you find it on clearance buy it and a table runner and a charger can put a normal meal over the top. 

Tomorrow: crab cakes!!!

Have fun decorating!

B

Note: someone asked where my table and chairs were from. Table is Ballard designs and chairs are restoration hardware.

No comments:

Post a Comment