Sunday, February 2, 2014

Stay at Home Anniversary Part 2

Sorry for the epic delay between blogs, the snow days messed up my whole schedule! 

In the previous blog I told you how I created a romantic restaurant atmosphere in my kitchen, now I am going to tell you about the meal!!!

When I first moved back to AU, Jamie introduced me to the crab cakes at Christine's in Moore's Mill. They truly were the best crab cakes I had ever eaten! But now that she is closed, I have to fend for myself! I am almost positive that Jamie and I have shared a meal of crab cakes on many anniversaries and that was my inspiration for this recipe!! I took several crab cake recipes and came up with this one, it is most similar to the original Old Bay Crab Cake recipe!

So hear ya go!
You are going to need 1 pound of lump crab meat. This isn't cheap so I opted out of the Jumbo Lump! You need to pour both of the containers into a large bowl and run your fingers through it just in case their are any leftover shells hanging around.
Once this is done you are going to add all your seasoning and bindings.
In here I have. 1 tablespoon of dried parsley, 1 tablespoon of mayo, 1 tablespoon of baking soda, 1 teaspoon of hot sauce, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of worchestershire, 1 teaspoon of old bay and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Combine well.
Then add one egg.

Then here is where I forgot to take a picture because Jamie and I were discussing a work issue! You need to toast two pieces of white sandwich bread. Then crumble in a small bowl and add 1 tablespoon of milk. Stir and then stir into crab mixture! Form into four equal cakes.
Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet and when hot place all four cakes in the skillet.
Flip after 4 minutes.
Then pop it into a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Check and make sure they are warmed through and serve!

I served with a twice baked potato and a creamy pre-packaged roumalade sauce!

Enjoy!!

B

No comments:

Post a Comment