Sunday, February 2, 2014

Stay at Home Anniversary Part 3

This post is about our anniversary dessert!!! Since we were celebrating on a Monday there wasn't a lot of time after work to whip up a fancy cake or creme brûlée so I opted for something made with store bought ingredients.

This is what I created!! Chocolate Covered Strawberry Napoleon!

First I sliced the strawberries.
Then let them soak in in 2 tablespoons sugar and a splash of vanilla.
I did this before I made dinner and then I melted some chocolate and dipped some of the extra strawberries for garnish.
Then after dinner. I sliced up the most wonderful frozen pound cake made by Sara Lee!
I also made a chocolate ganach buy melting 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 3 tablespoons of half and half.
Then I microwaved it for 15 seconds and stirred till melted through. Once the chocolate sauce is done you can assembly your dessert!

First the cake:
Then a smear of chocolate sauce:
Then a few strawberry slices:
Then another slice of cake:
Another smear of chocolate:
Then some sugar fee whipped topping:
Then top with strawberries and garnish with the chocolate covered strawberries!
Jamie dug in immediately!!!
Enjoy!!

B

No comments:

Post a Comment